We’re recruiting! Are you looking for a new role? Are you looking for a career in Architecture?
Planning & Design Practice is a leading town planning and architectural consultancy looking to recruit an Architectural Assistant/ Part I to join our team in Derby.
Position: Architectural Assistant/ Part I
We are looking for an Architectural Assistant to assist our growing Architectural team. The post holder should have preferably Revit and AutoCAD basic skills; show an interest in Building Design Construction, sustainability and have a desire to develop drawing skills and have a basic knowledge of construction.
This is a junior role within the team and further training will be given on Revit, AutoCAD and Adobe packages. The applicant should have a strong interest in building sustainable architecture as well as conservation, heritage and building design and be seeking a career in Architecture or Architectural Technology.
- The successful candidate will be required to have:
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic team working ethic.
- Knowledge of a range of computer systems, basic BIM, CAD skills and Microsoft Office.
- Competency in written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Your workload will be varied and to begin with the job holder will be doing many different tasks including:
- Preparing simple plans and drawings
- Manipulating images using Adobe packages.
- Assisting the team with the production of Computer Generated Images (CGI).
- Submitting fee quotes (prepared by others) to the client.
- Filing & printing of plans
- Taking incoming calls
- Following up applications with council officials, such as planning officers.
- General Admin tasks supporting the office manager and other colleagues.
- Any other appropriate work requested by colleagues and company directors.
We support continuing professional development and there is opportunity to attend CPDs regularly. We encourage further learning, therefore the right candidate could be supported to go on to university and return to the company during holidays or work part time.
Working at our practice could see you become an Architect, an Architectural Technologist, a Town Planner or lead you in to other Construction related job roles.
We would encourage applicants to undertake an apprenticeship course, however we will consider applicants who wish to go straight into work prior to starting a university degree. If you are selected for an interview, we would like you to bring a portfolio to show your interest in the profession or GCSE/A-level Art, Design or Technology coursework.
For more information on both positions and the practice please visit our website at www.planningdesign.co.uk or get in touch by phone or email.
To be considered for interview please provide a cover letter, CV and examples of your work to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: Strictly no agency interest please